Beta

 Beta

So, I am proud to say I have a Beta build of my game ready to go! The game now has working scripts in terms of jumping and movement that did go under a tiny bit more tweaking since the Alpha. The spikes and boxes have better box colliders so the game play is more "Fair". I have also got particle effects working now, so there will be a small effect when the player is moving along the ground. This is just to add a bit more detail to the game play. There is also now music that plays throughout the level, this is just to keep the player more entertained as this type of game doesn't have "Sound Effects". I did consider adding some for the likes of jumping, but since the game is about jumping, A LOT! lol it was very repetitive so i took it out. This was thanks to a little bit of "Play Testing". 


So, in terms of targets for my game. With other modules and assignments I unfortunatly didnt get a chance to hit all my goals with my game. I orignially said I would like to maby add three levels to my game with a menu system, but that didnt happen. I instead just focoused on getting scripts to work which was a challenge but with time I got there. I decided to just have one good working level than three rushed ones so Im happy it worked out in the end.

I hope to get a Game over UI working as my last goal. I have it so, the player de-spawns and the game stops when the hit the edge of a box or land on a spike. A nice UI for displaying the game over would be more perfaired. Thankfully I learned about UI's in the unity tutorial so I can use that knowledge to complete one. I had originally thought of just having an "auto restart" when the player died, but instead im going to implement it into the Ui.

Block Dasher Poster, Created by me :)


Comments

  1. Hey Aaron!
    Your game visuals look amazing, well done on getting the beta done for your game, you must feel relieved!
    No worries that you didn't hit all of the targets you set for yourself, being able to just create a game as a beginner is an achievement in itself!
    I'm glad you were able to take some inspiration from some of the old unity tutorials, they were really helpful.
    Well done on getting this far, I can't wait to see your completed game!
    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Aaron,
    thank you for viewing my game and also your beta versions looks really good. just adding one sound effect is probably better than adding too many because it could distract the player and well done for adding the menu I didn't bother with that 😅
    as I'm reading through your blog I can see you have better game he looks very good It looks very interesting to play and I like that colour scheme I like the colour of the player who is the rock.
    and I like the background colour of your game don't worry about the UI not working it's OK with the first level I like to restart playing the same level I don't really care about levels yeah and making the script was the most challenging part yeah and this morning the player is the most important part so it doesn't just end up nowhere auto restart is also a good idea when the player dies so yeah it's good to have a restart or an auto restart in your view I really like the image can't wait to play it looks very fun.(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey aaron, your game is looking pretty good so far. i feel you made the right choice with having just one sound effect because as you said, it defiantly would get repetitive considering how much jumps there are. Its great that you have your scripts working how you wanted , that's the hardest part over and done with anyway. The game over menus are fairly to do , there is loads of tutorials up on YouTube which are easy enough to follow along with, so it shouldn't be that much of a problems for you. looking forward to seeing your finale game and cant wait to play it soon.

    ReplyDelete

  4. How’s it going Aaron

    It’s great to see you’ve made such excellent progress on your game and you should be very proud. It’s great that you are able to focus on the smaller details for your game now. You are also one of the few people that I know of which are adding music to their game. Don’t feel too bad about the three levels thing. You have done excellent work in all other areas.

    Also love the poster!

    -Robbie Cahill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts