Project Progress

Project Progress

For my Project Game idea I am going to make a 2D platformer, I think this would be best for me as I have been doing the 2D game unity tutorials the last few weeks so its what I am most familiar with.

For my game I was thinking of something along the lines of the older "Mario Bro's" games. I used to play them all the time when I was younger on my Nintendo DS. I feel this is definitely something I could accomplish with my current skill set. The game will be quite simple in terms of levels. It will just have one level unless I have time to make multiple but for now the plan is just one level.

I can use the Unity assets store to find free assets for characters, objects, effects and terrain for the game so I can save a lot of time not having to make the assets my self from scratch.

screenshot of Unity Store asset - Link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/environments/nature-pixel-art-base-assets-free-151370

This is a level or terrain asset I found that is completely free to use. It also features the assets which is great. This would allow me to edit the level exactly how I want to, so for example I could set it so the player has to jump over any small purple plants or else the player would die.







Comments

Popular Posts